A few months ago we spend around three weeks in Japan to discover their nature, culture and food. With our phones in hand we documented this trip, in which we traveled to Tokyo, Nikko, Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, Kobe, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Okayama and then back to Tokyo.
We filmed this footage with an iPhone 8, a Samsung Galaxy S5 and a Sony RX100 Mark III. Editing was done in Premiere Pro on a Macbook Pro 13” (2017), but the .hevc files out of the iPhone were nearly impossibly slow to work with, so they were first converted to a bunch of low resolution proxy files to make them usable in Premiere. Apparently Final Cut Pro X is a lot better for these (4k60) files, but oh well.
Other posts about this trip
- Our trip to Japan (video) (this post!)
- Exploring Tokyo
- Half a day in Nikko
- The ancient history of Kyoto
- Burning torches in Nara
- Attending a sumo honbasho in Osaka
- A few notes on Kobe, wagyu beef, and ropeways
- Hiroshima and the aftermath of the atomic bomb
- A night in Miyajima & Okayama
- Hakone (coming soon)
- Hakodate (coming soon)
- Sapporo (coming soon)
- Otaru/Yoichi/Noboribetsu (coming soon)